Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Epic system overhaul

Cykros

Staff member
Administrator
Professional Enchanter
Registered
After a debate with all staff members we decided to do this bald change that will affect the whole aspect of our server in GOOD ( at least we think it will :D)

cabal_reloaded_demonite_by_tonexbot_dd404tv-pre.png

I will try to be very explicit in my posts and we will inform you guys along the way with any other changes that will apply.

First of all I want to make clear one thing, no one that is active and will be active will lose any item!

This update will affect only all the body parts and weapons.
So here is what will happen.
As you all know right now our server items are divided in 3 craft categories
  1. Normal craft (classic crafting)
  2. Extreme craft (2 crafting options with maximum 3 slots but slots combinations limited)
  3. Unique craft (3 crafting options with maximum 1 slot)
We plan on changing all items to have only one epic option and maximum 3 slots and the epic option will be divided in 3 categories
  1. Normal Craft
  2. Rare Craft
  3. Epic Craft
This means that all the weapons and body parts will have the possibility to up extended to 3 slots and have those slots filled from ingame using the scrolls.

The items will not suffer from any nerfing because the the craft values will be the equivalent of the current extreme craft values and the rare and normal will be a lower value but overall the craft will be more significant and farming items will be a lot easier since there will be just 3 options.
For example an All Skill Amp UP craft one handed weapon will be like this:
  • Normal Craft - 8% ASA
  • Rare Craft - 11% ASA
  • Epic Craft - 16% ASA
So your item will have one of this 3 craft values + the slots which we are not modifying.

The unique items (Drei Frame & Lycanus, Palladium and Demonite) will be converted to normal craft items and will be replaced to each player with the equivalent craft and option to "replace" what he had before.

With this changes we are going to bring remade drops which will offer new players an easier life ( a lot easier ) to start here on our server.

How will we replace the current items?
Before the day of the update comes we will take the server backup and put it on our test server, this way we will know what items every player had, then we will make the update on the live server but we will remove all weapons and all body parts from everyone, after that we will add to each player one by one the items (me, Zeratul and possible other staff members that will be given access to speed things up)
Basically we are throwing away all the "deprecated" items and will give you guys new ones.

I am pretty sure you will all see the benefits from this change and will be positive about the change.
When we will have it ready I cant tell because this was not a planed updated but we have to do it in order to revive our server because lets face it, right now our biggest problem is that we have to complicated things and new players are scared to test it, along the fact that they cant really farm stuff and evolve easily without help from old players or donators.

I ask you all to be active on discord on discussion regarding this mater and follow this thread for future notes as we will try to update here daily what else will be changed because this Epic Craft change is basically the root of many things that are in our server like, drops, redeeming, enchant system ( we wont have the end game items account bound anymore) and etc...

2020-01-22 23_29_17-Window.png

Last edited:
It seems nice, many crafts were always a bit of hassle. Reducing it will help certainly.
But I have a bit selfish concern: I've always played pve, I don't really like pvp. I've been using archids because of that. It gave me slight edge in dmg vs monsters compared to other item tiers, with a price of low def. I really like it, it is unique and can be challenging but I get something from it.
So from my point of view, what you are planning to do will cause that slight edge to be gone. What is your opinion about it? Will you take it into consideration?

hi guys,
Plan is sounds cool but, if all those items will have more slots, can you please give users easy way to collect scrolls as it will be huge pain with current status. 1 ssa unique scroll is 14b.. and just when i make a quick check, i need 27x scroll just for 1 character..

A few questions:
1) Will the slots be filled?
2) Will the items be bound? ( character or account bind? )
3) What will the helm and weapons look like after a change? ( demonite 16cdi/16cdi/16cdi +1 slot ( cr / amp )
4) What do you expect from these changes? New players will not appear immediately. Compare competing servers and this one. Other servers have 300 online players per day.
5) Do you expect so many people after this change?

Today is 23rd January what you wrote this month is to appear "reedem system" and "rebuild craft system". The change you want to make will take a lot of time.
You have planned many updates in January / February. You only updated GI and corrected the channels. My suggestion is, since you wrote to us what 2020 will bring in January / February then you should do it. I don't expect a "reedem system" this month because you wrote that it will appear 2 weeks ago. And silence ...
There are tabs of removed items in AH. You can't even do that. The problem of this server is the very long wait for updates. In September, I wrote suggestions to add basic information to the "Redemption wiki". And silence...

I think you should do what is "open" and not come up with some weird changes that will not bring any new players. I have a practically full set with almost maxed out runes,merit and 25 hr. I will honestly write to you that I have no reason to continue playing because the server offers me nothing more. You've made so many updates and facilities for new players that you have forgotten about old players from end game items.

iDiamond I spoke to cykros and he said our gear will be the equivalent of what it is now, excaliose says the same. so, If that is the case, slots will be prefilled on the gear. I think hes aware that every one of us with endgame gear that paid/worked our asses off for it will quit if we lose our stats. some of us have made that painfully clear, and I would think that would be obvious to begin with considering what happened the last time there was a gear change up. I can see where your coming from about all of the updates but the man does have a life, I mean running this server cant be his only source of income considering the lack of a players to begin with and the even bigger lack of those donating..so all of these small things like the old items in the auction house are issues that normally lesser gms should be trained to correct, not for the main admin to fix. unfortunately, him and zera are the only ones working on things at the coding level(at least as far as I know), so these things are of course gonna take longer. if it were you...would you work on fixing a couple of minor auction house bugs over adding new stuff that could possibly be game changing? me personally, I can get over not being able to sell wings on the ah even though it says I can. I cannot as easily get over how unstable certain dungeons are or losing my gear. I do however agree that without more NEW content, players will probably be moving on soon, which is to be expected. I mean, whos gonna play something with no major changes other than slotted gear? idk, I believe theres still some pulling this server back but its going to take a massive revamp, and not copy pasting. I know at least 20 people that wont come here simply because the 2 new classes gl and fg don't exist. I understand why they don't exist but it doesn't change the opinions of those people. the main cabal servers only stay active still because they are pumping out new content. we need some of the newer dungeons. I know that's a lot to ask and probably wont happen further down the road but newer dgs, a couple of gear sets and more things to revive players memories of the game and make it more enjoyable will bring more people to the server. making demon slightly easier to make pc wont, because unfortunately right now accessories tend to define a what a player can handle more than gear. without my accessories my demonite pc gear I paid 100+usd for is useless in a lot of instances it shouldn't be.

Last edited:
iDiamond

1. Yes, as i said in our example
If you have 38% amp suit (30% + 8%slot)
It will become
16%(Not extreme item) + 24%amp filled slots

2. Depends on your current item,
If its account binding before the update it will be account binding, and if char bind it wil be char bind,
And if its tradeable it will be tradeable,

3. For weapons/helm that has
16 16 16 and 8% AMP
Or
16 16 16 and 7% Cri
It will become

33% CDI ( not extreme)
And
Slots will be
2x CDI + 1 Amp/ 2x CDI + 1 CRI

For full CDI, weapon and helm
We are working on debugging the CDI craft,
Coz if u do know 3rd cDI slot will only grant 1%cdi

4. This will be a ground work for upcoming updates.

I understand your concern iDiamond but would you like me to add the new dungeons and redeems then release the Epic Overhaul and wait for me to remake the redeem rewards and dungeon drops?

When I made the post about january updates we have not this planed at all. And that post is an estimation, things can change.

And about new content, it will come, I want more then anyone to repopulate the server and I will do my best. As far as the FG and GL i will never work with that mess just to fool players they have a new class when they actually have nothing for real...

Like I said this is the root of more changes to come, and when you say you dont have anything more to do, keep in mind we are open for 5 years now, show me another private server that is open for 5 years without a wipe like us?

I went to take a peak on the top servers and what disturbed me is that they copied most of the content in my server and have no originality. I will continue to work on mine and will prove to the players that OGN is and will be number one server just because of my skills and what we have done so far.

Thank you!

Can i ask question. what will happen to 10 % 10% 9% AMP or 10% 9% 9% AMP and 16% 16% 14% CDI craft Demonite parts and Weapon that your craft system make it failed? i totally craft 5 parts and 3 weapon but it was failed. and i though that i craft i gain more alz. but i lose more alz. and materials. Now im so very poor because of your craft system failure.

Can i ask question. what will happen to 10 % 10% 9% AMP or 10% 9% 9% AMP and 16% 16% 14% CDI craft Demonite parts and Weapon that your craft system make it failed? i totally craft 5 parts and 3 weapon but it was failed. and i though that i craft i gain more alz. but i lose more alz. and materials. Now im so very poor because of your craft system failure.

Hi,
If you back red the whole post,
The current item you have will be converted, closed to the craft option that the item had.

And it doesnt mean that you are now poor, its a failure crafting system,

It does mean that our goal of making things a long term one proves effective,

Try to view things in a different POV,
Youve been a GM before, i dont know why you act like this, you know how we worked and yet you have that attitude

Me and Ergo will develop on Sunday a converter to convert the normal sets and weapons to the new craft values and will see what we can do for the unique ones, maybe we find a way to covert them also.

The converter will be done for all types, normal, extreme craft and unique also!

Official Partner