Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Fix for the game crash (Windows 10 especially) - not needed anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cykros

Staff member
Administrator
Professional Enchanter
Registered
This is a temporary fix for the cabal memory leak that is causing the well known random crashes, especially on window 10 and 8(.1)
It is a temporary fix because we aim into applying the following fix without losing the visual quality of some of the game elements as you will notice.

Before-and-After.png
Works on all Windows versions. Download the following archive and extract its contents to the game folder where cabalmain.exe is located.

DOWNLOAD LINK (THIS IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE)

UPDATE 26-Feb-2018:
This patch is not needed anymore, you can delete from your client the following files:
ddraw.dll
aqrit.cfg

Last edited:
Please reply with feedback after you applied the fix and tell us how long did you stay online without crashing and what did you do ingame.

Cykros, I respect you and your work.i finished set up Advanced Method on my win10 pc.
I will test the method on AC with pt run.I had never finish the dungeon without DC.
And report the result on this thread.

Agree with flea23 .. i use from 8.1 to 10 until now .. both these 2 OS will crash frequently most especiaally when running any dungeon as a party

So far no crash after using this fix. As before my client keeps crashing upon warping map or go dgn. Yet to try AC dgn to see if the crash still persists.

Force close even at login page :(

H E L P .. it's only happen these morning.. auto force close at Login Page and Selection of Char .. Thanks In Advance for your future Help .. I really miss to play especially my characters :cry: :worried: :emo:

Last edited:
From 2~3h before,suddenly increase auto force close.
Especially, when i use sword skill, my client must be closed.(and chara select page too)
I set uped Advanced Method 3~4 days before. And the method had worked well till 2~3h before.

Use the scan button, you have 1 or more corrupted files.

crashes happen mostly when :
Changing channels
Leaving Dungeons
Changing Maps

hope it helps!

it's not working...after exttracting all the files....crashes just suddenly went straight UP to the top.....crash after crash.....lost after lost can we see finaly a fix already.. i lost alot of good drop because of this crashes :mad:

After you extracted the files do you have a client visual degrade like in the pictures? If not then you are doing something wrong and the fix is not active.

Yea, like Cykros said, you should notice that some items or grounds are looking less detailed after the fix.
If not you missing something

sorry does that mean that instead of upgrading now we have to downgrade the game instead to stabilize the gameplay ?
am i missing something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner