Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Acknowledged Improving Demonite Set (Excluding Weapon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraEspada

Contributor
Gold Member
Professional Enchanter
Registered
Equilibrium Vs Demonite (PVP Perspective)
The difference between each demonite and equilibrium body parts are 40def and 100hp, meaning equi part is behind demonite by 40def and 100hp. Therefore, an upgrade from equi to demonite full set will result in an increase of 160def and 400hp. Correct? On to epaulets, take EOF for example: equi eof dual amp vs demonite eof 1 slot amp. An upgrade from equi to demonite eof will result in an increase of 15atk and 248hp, however decrease in 2%amp. In addition, 4 pieces equipped set effect on epaulet does not differ from equi/palla to demonite, they stay the same. As for body parts, 4 pieces set effect increases from 600def (equi) to 640def (demonite), meaning +40def.

Therefore, an upgrade from equi to demonite full (excluding weapons) would have:
+200def
+648hp
+15atk/m.atk
-2%amp

Regarding defense, I have personally tested the difference of the damage received using equi and demonite set on PVP (not PVE), basically the effect of 200def against pure amp (constant). The result was a difference of 48 damage received/absorbed, what it means for example: with equilibrium equipped damage received was 2,000, demonite equipped damage received was 1952.

My point is: an upgrade from equi to demonite does not reflect the effort and price. Demonite are way too overvalued for those meager power-ups. Approximate 2,000 ecoins greater than equi, and 1.8x more Wexp required.

A more detailed breakdown of why I think demonite is overvalued:

1) Relatively to our current hp at the 20 thousands, that approx 48 damage absorption is very trivial. 200def may seem a lot, but due to recent changes from the balance of power patch, the game has added a lot on amp and attack, and has brought it up to a noticeable level, amp as it is implies amplification on attacks. As the amp and attack standard is way higher now, it is has reach a level more than enough to penetrate even 200def easily and make the defense seem like laughing stock, turning a 200def that only absorb as little as 48hp. Think about FS's Art of Defense (AOD) now, u will get my point.

2) Again, with our current hp at 20-30k, an increase in 648hp can barely even allow player to tank 0.5 a hit of a dps skill. Players easily hit each other 1k+ per dps skill now. That 648hp add on to 20-30k, can you imagine the ratio of that hp addition? Not to mention, bringing back that 48hp absorption, the ratio it has 48:25,000, see that inconsequential boost?

3) Because equi epaulets have dual amp (crafted and slotted), emphasizing the AMP part as you know 2%amp outshines 15atk/m.atk. It is obvious that demonite epaulets is somewhat weaker than equi's, if not equal, which it should not be. Isn't supposed demonite > equi?

4) Demonite Epaulet set effect remains the same as you would find in equi/palla, fortifying the point that why with the same set effect could make demonite exceptionally expensive compared to its predecessor?

One last note: Considering its an end game item now and a modified/changed/balanced version of the game which also affects damage input and output calculation, demonite should also be improved accordingly. I may be wrong, demonite may have already been adjusted to sync with the current game calculation. But then again, with the testing I've done (mentioned above), those numbers does seem low, along with its effect against equi, does not seem to add up with its price and effort (although now that effort is alleviated with the increasing of wexp obtainable).

I agree in all the points you have made in this thread Sir SoraEspada . In my own perspective, it really is not worth it to upgrade from Equilibrium to Demonite grade because it has a very little amount of difference. So little that it won't make a difference on PVP aspects. Not to mention the ridiculous pricing of Demonite grade items makes it a lot worse.

I just finished getting my Demonite Set the other day, and I compared it with my Equilibrium set. It really is just depressing to see that you managed to pull out all of your resources for this funny "upgrade." Having no boosted Demonite Epaulets is a problem too.

Maybe the admins can do things such as:
1. Make Epaulet set effect much better than the lower grades
2. Add boosted Demonite Epaulets (on events or wexp shop). Boost effect should also be better than what we can get from Equilibrium Epaulets
3. Not just the armors but the weapons too can get a small increase on stats.

Thank you for bringing this up. And by the way, players like me who have acquired Demonite Sets will no longer have any use on our Equilibrium items. Shouldn't it be necessary to have the Equilibrium items be unbindable now too since we have a higher tier gear? :( I really don't see the point of having 2 End-game grade items when the other one has better stats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner