Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Suggestion Market saturation issue and solution

MasterDCT

Contributor
Registered
Hello, this post is my suggestion regarding the market saturation that happens in most private servers in all MMORPG. In private servers, items are easy to obtained, thus this issue happens quicker. What is market saturation? It is an issue that could happens when one or both of the two occur:
1/ When items dropped quite often but there is literally not much use of them and eventually price will go dirt cheap, resulting in newbies experiencing more hardship when trying to gain alz. An example of this is FCHH, compared to FCU (which has very very stable price), FCHH is only used to slot options in HH gears and some runes, while beside the same function, FCU can be used to train pet and create DS.
2/ When permanent items (mid game and end game) are increasing in numbers but number of players are not increasing as the same rate or even decreasing. This results in a flood of items that can't be sold or prices getting down really cheap eventually. Items such as arch, drei, palla, demon set; accessories (shane, earring + 9, rings, etc); good stats epaulet. These items everyone makes because it is of use at some points (except for perfect end game accessories), people would like to sell them later, even demo sets are being sold every day. What if everyone makes a few set + 20, or some decent accessories (not perfect) and want to sell them, at the beginning it is fine but slowly later items are getting way harder to sell and eventually flood the market, at that point economy will crash and it is extremely unpleasant to play or hard to attract new players

The server is not yet at the point of saturation yet but is slowly getting into it partially due to people can buy end game gears on cash shop. When I first started more than a month ago, demo set was 140-160b per set, now it is 100-120b. I am sure everyone at least once has experienced not be able to sell the items or sell them really cheap bc you need alz. I have some simple solutions that I can propose to this problem:

1/ Create crafting or exchange NPC that uses the saturated items on market to create a more useful item.
For example, 30 FCHH can be made in 1 FCU and vice versa
2/ Create NPC so players can exchange + 20 items, maybe accessories into loot boxes
For example, a + 20 arch item can be exchanged to a loot box (maybe similar to the event now) that has a chance to get some cool items and cosmetic
This can be applied with cores too, for example, 20 PCHH for 1 box
3/ Exchange lower gear for higher gear
For example, exchange 3 + 20 arch suits for a drei suit with the same stats.
4/ Increase stuffs obtained when extract crafted accessories and + 20 gears so players are not always forced to sell but have an option to extract
For example, extracting a + 20 gear can obtain 5-7 perfect cores instead of just 1
5/ Create higher tier items that need multiple of the lower ones to craft
For example, create "awakened demonite set" which required 3 + 20 demonite to craft one with the same stats.

Nice suggestion. I would like if it be in some update. :)

I want put my opinion too in this.

Be nice if we have some bit lower honor rank requirements. Cuz if u a newbie its too hard get access of use good items. And getting high rank takes too much time. They stop buying rings, or other accessory, bikes, rings like tempus, tyrants etc. Make them flood and cheap.
Also be good if change some unbind requirements like lower alz and put there some other item, like PCH, PCHH, PCU or other what u can farm, sell, or use. Add unbinding stones of all type items to AH. This be more good for players and helps balance a market situation too.

Official Partner