Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Acknowledged Party Dungeons - some fun for veterans

Mikele

Professional Enchanter
Registered
Hello again, I've been playing for some time on this server and i noticed that not many players (including me) play with others. I've analysed the problem and came up with this suggestion:

I have quite good equipment - full palads, senil weapons. After some time that you invest in game you eventually get to this state. From my perspective there is no point in doing dungeons with my friends other than pure fun of doing them. Main thing you have to consider is gain from dungeons. Exp does not matter that much - drop does. Of course playing with friends is more rewarding but that's not the point i'm trying to make now. When you play with friends you have to split the drop, your reward at the end decrases significantly. Even though your clearspeed increases, it's not that big of a change to be worth it. I suspect many of players with endgame eq feel the same way when doing even "highest tier" dungeons (I'm not counting AC, that one is crazy, I'll mention it later, it does not alter my proposition in any way).

You have two choices: one is increase drop rate depending on how many players are in the party. But is it really something you want? Think about it, it's actually quite obvious and boring option, come on... It still does not solve the problems of veterans just running through, one hitting everyone (hehehe).
Second choice would be new mechanics...

That's what I propose - new mechanics, new type of dungeons.
It works like this: you take a dungeon and multiply HP of monsters x6-8 and drops by x4-7. You think this is bad as it will make dungeons harder? Noooo - just longer. Much longer. Monster dmg does not change so they'd not 1-hit you, it is still pleasant. What changes is the length of these dungeons - monsters would have such high HP that doing them solo would be just boring. But party players would finally have something. Imagine that you could finally come to your buddy and help him kill monsters (right now he finishes them before you can dash close enough to hit). New rankings, who can do it faster, new challenge. And it is very unique - i think no other server has something like this (it really would be unique feature in gaming world).

And there are little drawbacks: solo playing, developing time, I'd say impact on economy but I can't measure it in any way. Some pros are: guilds can have fun, you can find new friends, old dungeons are back - yea, by scalling them you can bring them back to life. Generally you extend content a lot - just think about it.

Let me know in the comments what you think, or PM me in-game, I'll change the main post.

Good luck and have fun,
Rekin

It looks interesting but in my case I am a Latin player and mostly I do everything myself because we are few Latinos on this server (maybe 7 or 8 :rofl:). Of the few that are there, most do not have a full set and only enter for a few hours and it is difficult to find the same hour . Making a party with others, many Latinos do not understand English and it is boring for them to see a translator to understand others and when they make a mistakes when writing others they make fun of it :cry:. And another reason why I do not party is that once inside the dungeon some remain quiet, others say they have damage and they do not have it and they let one or two do all the work and finishing the dungeon they want the best of the drop. In my case I would prefer new dungeons or maybe more DP for those who do party :).

DarkWolf Hmm...
I wish that every player would be friendly, but honestly some players want only pure gain. That's why my intention is to make this dungeons as rewarding (or less) as normals, so they wouldn't top them but propose a viable option instead.

Hi there xEly here, the only thing i worried Is that you guys has really really good set, but what about the newones who try to gear up with pala? They will not be strong to farm by they own and yoy (the old AND powerfull players) Will have all the pro and expensive items that noone would be able to buy unless people make donations, the actual problem Is the in game economy, gonna be hard to find alz or ítems for sell (remember im talkong about no OP players AND the newones)

Btw, sorry for my english, im Colombian, latino too

Official Partner