Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Server Maintenance & Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ergo

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Member
Professional Enchanter
Registered
After the last few weeks (the crash issue and the time needed to work on it, the game play updates, etc) a decision has been made about the maintenance/update schedule. See below the details:

1. There will be no more scheduled maintenance/update
    • A maintenance/update will be announced once it is ready for public use
  2. While server/website/forum is under maintenance, possible bugfixes will apply
    • Maintenance will not include other than fixes for possible bugs
    • Critical bugs will be addressed with hotfix patches which will be applied instantly once a possible fix is found
  3. An update will contain new, changed and/or fixed game content
    • Updates will contain all suggestions that are being implemented, new game content and changes to the current setup

These are needed in order to be able to change the update process to bring more interesting content and a more stable environment to play on.

The above changes apply starting with 09.09.2015.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask but stick to the topic.

yea i got a question, will there be an update today? ;)

yea i got a question, will there be an update today? ;)
Ergo just said..
  1. There will be no more scheduled maintenance/update
    • A maintenance/update will be announced once it is ready for public .

base on my POV theres no more scheduled updates every Wednesday, be like when Ergo says theres an update then there will be..

Delayed Weekly Event, delayed lag fix, banning people that are against them... it seems like theyre not dedicated admins anymore

i have a question... are the Admins gone lazy nowadays??

Last edited:
i have a question... are the Admins gone lazy nowadays??
yes, i think that's the problem. we also have not really active gm's ingame anymore. these 2 new gm's are kinda...
blackfox is a nice guy, but he has not much game knownledge.
when Perseus came online with gm char, everyone was just pissed off, he acted like a little kid.
server has many bugs these days and admins are kinda lazy. it happens always, admins getting lazy ->players getting bored->population getting less day by day -> server closed/wiped. For me i can just say i won't stay here now anymore for a long time if it won't change. i'm sick of p.servers with lazy admins. i played on enough private servers, don't tell me anything about p.servers, i have enough experience with it. if you admins on ogn keep doing this, you will even lose more players, we used to have many more people on than we have atm, server is really going down atm.
and if you want to delete my feedback, feel free to do it. if you want to ban me on forum, feel free to do it. i'm just giving conservative critism.

yes, i think that's the problem. we also have not really active gm's ingame anymore. these 2 new gm's are kinda...
when Perseus came online with gm char, everyone was just pissed off, he acted like a little kid.
server has many bugs these days and admins are kinda lazy. it happens always, admins getting lazy ->players getting bored->population getting less day by day -> server closed/wiped. For me i can just say i won't stay here now anymore for a long time if it won't change. i'm sick of p.servers with lazy admins. i played on enough private servers, don't tell me anything about p.servers, i have enough experience with it. if you admins on ogn keep doing this, you will even lose more players, we used to have many more people on than we have atm, server is really going down atm.
and if you want to delete my feedback, feel free to do it. if you want to ban me on forum, feel free to do it. i'm just giving conservative critism.
i know Noctis and Dehnfeld are both dedicated staffs, in fact they planned to give us events but prizes still not sent to them by the admins for 2weeks and counting lol.. and to tell you frankly the last time OGN admins gone lazy was last year reporting us theres a problem in the server files and a server wipeout is badly needed..

i know Noctis and Dehnfeld are both dedicated staffs, in fact they planned to give us events but prizes still not sent to them by the admins for 2weeks and counting lol.. and to tell you frankly the last time OGN admins gone lazy was last year reporting us theres a problem in the server files and a server wipeout is badly needed..
i believe that the prizes from the events has been handled through the support section of the forum, those were sent a very long time ago.

i can understand that it may seem like a bad thing that we dont do weekly updates anymore, but there are multiple reasons for that.
first off if we choose to push out updates every week as scheduled we may push out buggy content or in any other way not up to par quality wise.
with no scheduled updates we allow us to take that extra time to make the updates as close to flawless as we can.

also future updates is exactly the kind of updates that may require more time to develope compared to earlier ones and the overall update size may increase based on how much time has passed by since the last update.

last but not least, lets not forget that the admins most likely have a job on their own and it sometimes can be hard for them to manage to so they can be together with their family, working and working on this server as their hobby, none of us are perfect and there may be times where it can seem like we're absent but there might be reasons that are perfectly reasonable.

a good example could be me, i have not managed to be very active the last couple of weeks due to my new pc crashing and i had to replace the motherboard in it, so im using my phone to do what i can to still help, but again my lack of activity is fairly reasonable considering my circumstances.

Give the new GM's time to settle, some of them may not have had previous GM experience and so they need to learn, this is a completely normal process and they can evolve faster if you guys help them, i know for a fact that atleast 1 member of this community has been on their back since day 1 attacking them, and we do not accept that kind of behaviour its just wrong and i wish people would respect the people that came here to help as volunteers a bit more. give them time and they will become great :)

There are perfectly reasonable reasons as to why the admins doesn't seem as dedicated as before, it may be that there are issues in their family because they spent too much time at the pc, who knows.
anyways lets try to show some empathy atleast, we know everyone wants more content and want us to push out more and more but we're for the 1000 time not robots and it takes the time it does, people who leave can always join back once they see the server change for the better, right now the server is in a period where it goes down, in other periods it goes up we're doing the best we can i can ensure you that.

And please show some respect for the admins, calling them lazy for the decision that has been made is in no way justified and is outright disrespectful towards the 1000s of hours of work they put into this server, you are in no position to tell them they're lazy.

We always appriciate constructive critisism but what you're contributing with is 5% feedback and the rest is purely bashing on the staff.

I might come to regret that im saying this but a lot of people within this community needs a serious adjustment regarding their attitude within this community, if you think bashing and criticising the staff the way you're doing right now is helpful. i dont know who made you think thats helpful but i can tell you right now that it definetly isn't the attitude you should be having.

Last edited:
The work on fixes, changes and new content continue to be done as it was previously and once an update is ready to public use it will go live.

Please keep the talking on topic.

If you have any compline you can address us in another section, i will be more than happy to replay there :)

Have a good day :)

working on this server as their hobby, none of us are perfect and there may be times where it can seem like we're absent but there might be reasons that are perfectly reasonable.

Dehnfeld Dont you forget?? they are gaining big profits here, real money. And i think this is not a hobby but a BUSINESS, and we are the customers with the right to complain for thir laziness..

Truth is that none of you actually know what is happening behind the scenes, the admins recently have been working a lot on bringing the server a new dungeon and the process is a very long one because of all the things required to actually make the dungeon work. We have great plans for the future and what we eventually want to bring to you all but it requires a lot of work, just because they decided to change how we release updates does not mean that the work being done will drop, it just means that we will only release something when it is fully complete rather than it being rushed in time for an scheduled update and possibly containing bugs, in the long run this means that in some cases updates will take longer but also means that hopefully when they are released you will not experience as many bugs.

Please stay on topic now, I think you guys have clearly expressed your opinions about this change, if you have any real questions feel free to ask

Dehnfeld Dont you forget?? they are gaining big profits here, real money. And i think this is not a hobby but a BUSINESS, and we are the customers with the right to complain for thir laziness..
If the profit was so big then hey would have quit their job a long time ago, and now where the server is going downhill i bet its even lower of a profit. The money goes to maintaining the server so again acid while your acting from a logical perspective, these are accusations because not u nor me know any facts regarding ogn's economical situation or how big profits the admins make, but i do agree with you, you're a customer in a sense and you have the right to complain.

But when you complain let us know what we can do to satisfy you as a players aka feedback, we accept constructive critisism with open arms and try to adjust as best as we can towarda the playerbase as long as what you all suggest is within reason and is possible to do, the admins might have lost their spark for cabal temp but i doubt its without reason, if any in the staff is inactive there is always a reason, it could be death in their family or any other kind of distraction. So lets put things into perspective and lets assume each admin makes 200euroes of profit each month, now he spends 3-4hours a day working on this server while also having a full time job on the side aka 37hours a week
Can you imagine how little time this person has for his own private life assuming he has to eat and sleep. Literally u could be the person tearing apart a family for being a demanding player, that is if the admins had to step up from their current activity. Show some empathy, realize there is always a reason for everything, why im currently inactive and why the admins might be busy and also why the server is going downhill everything has a reason which is something you have to understand if you wanna be a good member of our community.

Kind words and patience goes a veeeeery long way and definetly some a lot of members could benefit from learning.

I hope this covers w/e u might think is going on but really just is an assumption from your side. If you want to continue i will happily move our discussion to pms so we can avoid being off-topic :)

Truth is that none of you actually know what is happening behind the scenes, the admins recently have been working a lot on bringing the server a new dungeon and the process is a very long one because of all the things required to actually make the dungeon work. We have great plans for the future and what we eventually want to bring to you all but it requires a lot of work, just because they decided to change how we release updates does not mean that the work being done will drop, it just means that we will only release something when it is fully complete rather than it being rushed in time for an scheduled update and possibly containing bugs, in the long run this means that in some cases updates will take longer but also means that hopefully when they are released you will not experience as many bugs.

Please stay on topic now, I think you guys have clearly expressed your opinions about this change, if you have any real questions feel free to ask
i didn't say my opinion cuz of this change. it's a very good idea to release updates only when they are done, cuz every update till now had lots of bugs. i was saying it generally, cuz server is going down, not because of this change which was needed anyways.

Hush hush, uggghh.
Im really upset when someone says server is going down, it kinda irritates me. Hey hey hey think about it, will ya. Even panties are going down and then goes up again after a bumpy ride. Nothing is consistent, nothing is permanent except change and so bear with it, live with it.
Also, for the admin dedication to the server, there were lot of previous updates and server is still running - be grateful that we are still here alive and kicking each others butt. (Oh yes they say TG is good with lots of Caps and Proc having an orgy, i mean war). And please, do not insist ur opinions for they are not facts. Think also for the other side of the coin. If you cannot flip it, calm your tits and ask politely of what troubles you. Try to wear their shoes, the reality might be different than what we peceive. Or even if ur hunch might be correct, calm down and resolve it with open mind or open pocket (ooh wait a sec, silly me, i think i dropped my purse - loan me anyone; il pay it in terms please?) .
Do not provoke misunderstandings, remember we players are always at the edge of the sword, when they cut as down, it will be the end. Reality bites and it sucks, honestly.
You see, I've been on this server for quite sometime now and honestly based on my tenure it really affects players mentallity to see that statement "server going down." It is like ur putting a fake flame and when people get to see it, it creates a negative impact. Then it will truly become a big fire that will burn this house down.
For the customer's satisfaction or whatever, donations are payments, yes. But it does not bind the receiver to provide you a lifetime of continual support. We are donating not of what will come eventually in the future but what exactly we desire that currently exist. The Reality is we live at their mercy and to die unexpectedly. Yeah it sucks right. So dont provoke!!! Be nice.
And in order to keep the community alive and perhaps to expand, speak positively - surely it will boost hopes and aspirations of new and old players.

BTW: The move to Update only when everything is bug free is an excellent decision.
Why so? How can a new or old player do his thing if he keeps crashing or bugs are all over the place and not to mention there are lot of complains? Definitely he will quit right away due to frustrations.
Therefore, its a win-win choice.

Ouch i guess, i wrote a very lengthy composition again. Sorry for that.
Peace.
PS: admin, if i break any rules in this forum - ban me til end of september, i have an exam coming up so i need to focus and review and not being distracted always on peeping on forum from time to time, ;)

Thanks.

Hush hush, uggghh.
Im really upset when someone says server is going down, it kinda irritates me. Hey hey hey think about it, will ya. Even panties are going down and then goes up again after a bumpy ride. Nothing is consistent, nothing is permanent except change and so bear with it, live with it.
Also, for the admin dedication to the server, there were lot of previous updates and server is still running - be grateful that we are still here alive and kicking each others butt. (Oh yes they say TG is good with lots of Caps and Proc having an orgy, i mean war). And please, do not insist ur opinions for they are not facts. Think also for the other side of the coin. If you cannot flip it, calm your tits and ask politely of what troubles you. Try to wear their shoes, the reality might be different than what we peceive. Or even if ur hunch might be correct, calm down and resolve it with open mind or open pocket (ooh wait a sec, silly me, i think i dropped my purse - loan me anyone; il pay it in terms please?) .
Do not provoke misunderstandings, remember we players are always at the edge of the sword, when they cut as down, it will be the end. Reality bites and it sucks, honestly.
You see, I've been on this server for quite sometime now and honestly based on my tenure it really affects players mentallity to see that statement "server going down." It is like ur putting a fake flame and when people get to see it, it creates a negative impact. Then it will truly become a big fire that will burn this house down.
For the customer's satisfaction or whatever, donations are payments, yes. But it does not bind the receiver to provide you a lifetime of continual support. We are donating not of what will come eventually in the future but what exactly we desire that currently exist. The Reality is we live at their mercy and to die unexpectedly. Yeah it sucks right. So dont provoke!!! Be nice.
And in order to keep the community alive and perhaps to expand, speak positively - surely it will boost hopes and aspirations of new and old players.

BTW: The move to Update only when everything is bug free is an excellent decision.
Why so? How can a new or old player do his thing if he keeps crashing or bugs are all over the place and not to mention there are lot of complains? Definitely he will quit right away due to frustrations.
Therefore, its a win-win choice.

Ouch i guess, i wrote a very lengthy composition again. Sorry for that.
Peace.
PS: admin, if i break any rules in this forum - ban me til end of september, i have an exam coming up so i need to focus and review and not being distracted always on peeping on forum from time to time, ;)

Thanks.
Thank you for the kind words gyrd you are right about this ;) And about the ban, we do not ban players because of breaking a rule no first we give a warning, and if the player still cannot behave and/or understand the warning we sadly have to ban players PERIODICALLY afterwards Permanently.

Goodluck with the Exams, and hope you will like the future updates we are planning to do :)

Let's be on-topic and leave this news post clear from flaming/conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner