Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Server Upgrades & Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to remind everyone, who says nooo ur gonna split the community in 2, guys NA players are not forced to player on NA servers if they wanna play on the EU server they still can, anyone whos worried i'd recommend to see how things pan out before getting worried

I would like to remind all our players that this new infrastructure is new for us also and its not the same as we had until now, until now we had 2 machines on the same location now we have 6 in different locations, we are doing our best to offer the best services but we also need time to find the problems and remove them.
Thank you all for understanding.

Tank said everything ... titan's reply.Just where do you see enough NA players and/or people who'd have a better latency at NA than EU to justify a server for them ? o_O
Would have made way more sense a PH server then (and ye i read you plan to do an asian server as well) meh.It's also a proven fact that kinda everyone is having deelay issues after this "upgrade" so dunno maybe you should have left EU host where it was and if you really couldn't hold your horses just open the NA server (which seems to be working fine latency wise).

We could not keep the old host because we needed more machine for the future game, we were being asked to much for a licensed windows to keep the cabal database (its not a secret that all private servers keep the database on cracked windows)
And as you can see even now we are working on a solution, and if the NA cabal server is so disturbing we can put it down, its no problem for us, the NA machines will host the new game NA realm and EU will host EU.
Please stop being so revolted, we understand you all, its frustrating, for us is even worse because we are working on this for over 4 days and we wont quit till we have a decent connection for the majority of you.
Thank you!

Im not revolted at all more like giving you feedback and a couple of questions and im not disturbed at all from NA server (if anything i was questioning its utility).Also im not going to lose my sleep for anything of course the sooner the better but if it takes some days to fix everything np lol don't see everything as a complain nobody is pointing guns at you with "hey man fix that shit now or im gonna blow your head into pieces!!11" ;)

Im experiencing lags and other bugs (Autoclose/DC when changing maps)
you could just upgraded the server, not making a new one.
Just making suggestions bro.
Redemption cabal is still the best :h:

Been part of this community for over a year now. I'm sad to say that this server is slowly dying. Admins focusing on making another mmo game, instead of making this server better. Well, its been a good ride though.

Hmm.. I do quite agree that making a new server does divide the players between two servers.. But I don't think it's a bad thing. I have made an account in NA server to check it out and people are slowly coming in, though looking at the players, most of them are from EU and majority, or most of the people I've talked to in NA server said they made an account there because nobody's too strong and they regain what motivates them to play the game, which is getting strong.

I also don't think the issues that the EU server is experiencing is the fault of the administrators' wish to cater NA players. I think everyone's just pissed because EU server is experiencing a lot of problems, which is where most of the players of redemption are. If everything did went well I think nobody will complain as much as it is now.

There might be a lot of cons of what they did with the servers but I don't think they deserved to be bashed just because they're doing their best to improve the server and the community in mind.

Been part of this community for over a year now. I'm sad to say that this server is slowly dying. Admins focusing on making another mmo game, instead of making this server better. Well, its been a good ride though.

Servers slowly dying is the most normal course that every game could make. This happens with official servers also, but much more slower since the actual game developers are continually developing new items, dungeons, and more reasons for the players to stay. The hard part for private servers is that they don't have full access to updates as easily as official servers are to make the game always exciting. The mere fact that this server is just slowly dying is a good thing, meaning the administrators are doing their best to update the server and to keep the players intact and active.

I have played in the official server for almost 8 years, what kept me in the game for that long is that the game is a hard grind. It is very hard to obtain good items. If the official server's management didn't suck and if the game security is as good as this server, I might have stayed there and never played in a private server.

The reason that everyone's either getting excited or getting bored in this server is the same thing: It is much easier, less time consuming to get good items here. You don't have to invest 8 - 10 years just to get end-game items or to spend more than a hundred thousand bucks to be the best players in the server.

We can all get mad and crazy to the administrators, but we're not the ones fixing the problem so we might as well be patient and support them instead. I can see that they're really listening to their players, they just can't say yes to every request. Heck, they're willing to return lost event items even if its not their fault. If this was an official server, Admins wouldn't even listen to such requests because most likely it's the player's fault for logging in the game without the official announcement that the server is up and in good stable condition.

Last edited:
We recently finished a quick maintenance on both EU and NA servers, now the servers communicate through a private network to assure the best response between them.

Also we discovered that in the area of the datacenter where the previous ip address for the EU server was hosted is having a maintenance since 01 September 2016 15:12 PM server time.
The EU server has been assigned a new IP located in Netherlands, an area with better routes.

These changes will not fully fix the latency and delay issues that some of you encounter but its an important step to achieve the best game quality.

You are not Alone. From my opinion. Open new server is good for future plan but you need to increase volume of player not reduce it. I never get delay before migration that mean my internet and connection to server is good enough. and now when my account stay in EU. All lagging and delay come. Did this happen before? Did many player reported delay and lag before? How many of them report delay or lagging before? 50% of player? If 50% mean you really need to open new like now.
And offer Player with heavy lag and delay before to migrate their account to new server. And who did not want to transfer then up to them. Not ask player to play in new server and create new account and play form 0. This is not right to them. They support you and donate to this server for a good service but what you gave to them? Frustrated and will leave this server?

Please consider of all it before do something new.

As X stated above some of the delays are because the current server provides are doing some work on their network, we will stick with them now for the next 2 months as the contracts are done but if they will not improve it we will find another solution.

Please update us how is the connection now, we moved back the EU server to an SUPER MACHINE with Premium Bandwidth

Please update us how is the connection now, we moved back the EU server to an SUPER MACHINE with Premium Bandwidth
Thank you very much, I can play normal at the game, no delay connections.

Btw
if the NA cabal server is so disturbing we can put it down, its no problem for us,
I would appreciate this tho, with all respect of ogn but i think 1 server is alot better. Maybe it's the best to start a poll about it, a owner/dev should start such a poll and then we will all see if this NA server is needed or not !

Btw

I would appreciate this tho, with all respect of ogn but i think 1 server is alot better. Maybe it's the best to start a poll about it, a owner/dev should start such a poll and then we will all see if this NA server is needed or not !
Yes but the new game will also bee in 2 realms,simply because the best way to achieve good game quality is to have NA and EU players separated.

why you said then it's np for u to close it if we want... can't u see that the population decreased on EU while NA surely has like 3-4 players OL ?..

Hello iTank, please don't get mad at me for pointing this out.

You said it yourself that NA server has an average players of 3 - 4, that's mostly true. I've been playing in NA since, and players online in NA haven't crossed to 20 yet, at most, players online are 11 or 12, then the most usual is around 5 to 10..

So I don't think that the players in EU are truly divided and I don't think its the fault of having two servers is the reason why players in EU decreased. I think the reason lies in the launcher, I am seeing a few more people having issues with their launcher, if not maybe the players in EU just got lazy to go online because of server latency or other issues they're experiencing.

Think out side the box... in the future maybe we can have a cross battle... NA server vs EU server...
new updates are coming new maybe new items will be released... just stay calm and be patient :)

Let's support the staffs.. they will do anything for the sake of the server..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner