Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Server Upgrades & Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

Headmaster
Registered
Our latest maintenance was successfully finished and below you can read the upgrades and changes that are now applied to Olympus Gaming Network servers.

Redemption server has been renamed to Redemption - Europe and a new server, Redemption - North America has been opened. The two servers run with the same configuration, will receive updates at the same time and the same client can be used to play.

To play Redemption - Europe:
  1. Go to https://eu-redemption.olympusgn.com/
  2. Login with your old Redemption account
  3. Download the launcher executable (Launcher-EU.exe) found on the Downloads page
  4. Place the launcher executable (Launcher-EU.exe) in your client folder, open it and let it update
    Note: There will be an error message when you first run the launcher but this must be ignored and the launcher must be closed then reopened so it will finish the update process
To play Redemption - North America:
  1. Go to https://na-redemption.olympusgn.com/
  2. Create an account and login
  3. Download the launcher executable (Launcher-NA.exe) found on the Downloads page
  4. Place the launcher executable (Launcher-NA.exe) in your client folder, open it and let it update
    Note: There will be an error message when you first run the launcher but this must be ignored and the launcher must be closed then reopened so it will finish the update process
Both the launchers can be in the same client. If you want to play on Europe start the Launcher-EU.exe if you want to play on North America start the Launcher-NA.exe.

New server machines:
  • Both Europe and North America servers, the websites and forums are now running on different server machines (more powerful than the previous) to provide better quality
Important: An Asia located server is already planned and in works but there are not enough information to share at this time. As soon as there is more progress, information will be shared.

New game coming soon:
  • With Ergo , Niarus and Cykros we have been working on a new mmorpg and a lot of progress was made (bugfixes on the base server and client, translation, upgrade of the server and client to the latest possible version, creating tools)
  • The new game will be announced very soon and an open alpha version will be launched
    Note: The new game will be available to Europe and North America regions separately (Asia region is planned as well once the Asian servers are available)
New websites coming soon:
  • Brand new websites are in the works and they will possibly launch together with the new game
  • New websites will come with a fresh design, better performance and they are more user friendly (including easier navigation and overall understanding of the clans, hall of fame, etc)
  • All the games (Redemption - Europe, Redemption - North America and the new game) will receive a new website

Detailed information about the new game and website will be shared once they are ready to be launched.

Thank you all for your support, without the Olympus Gaming Network community and staff members none of this would be possible!

Does the western players will be migrated on the new server? Cabal NA?

so can asian players still play from either servers?
Of course
opening an second server is not a good idea i think
Please sustain your declaration with some good reasons or simply dont make such posts!
Does the western players will be migrated on the new server? Cabal NA?
At the moment we havent thought at this since until now the server was hosted on EU machine so basically nothing changed.
The new NA server is specially made for off shore users with not so good quality connection that had big latency on our EU one, our aim for the NA server is to gather players from that area and not move the current ones from EU.

This would be hard. The server is going to be divided into two </3

I personally know a lot of cases where off shore players could not play simply because their latency with the EU was over 300
Our goal is to promote the NA server in USA and keep the EU one as it is, same thing will apply on the new game.
Try to think outside the box ;)

please open cmd on windows and type this
ping 46.105.54.1
And put a picture or paste the result.

opening an second server is not a good idea i think

couldn't agree more.
this idea was not good at all. arena knights did the same and just simply failed. u failed with titan server and now try something like this... so either the population will be divided or the people will just ignore the NA server.
i'll explain u why it's bad

- if the population will be divided:
the population wasn't really huge before u did this, so why u think opening another and make players quit from the current one would be good ? if the population will be divided, then on both servers there are then like 30-40 each server online while now it was 80 on one server (80 on one isn't that much tbh.), this will lead to make people quit the server.

-if people will ignore the new server:
u worked for nothing and opened (maybe paid) for nothing, that's still ur business, totally right. but i don't think that any1 from the players agree with opening a new server, it would've been better if you would spend time for anything else, like anticheat/fancy stuffs/bug fixes or the new game, etc..

this is just my opinion tho, but i can assure u that almost no1 will like the new server, greetz.

i said it wasnt a good idea because of the player base it wasnt huge to begin with now it will just divide up newer players most players would flock to a new server as well leaving the old veteran server slowly dying

please open cmd on windows and type this
ping 46.105.54.1
And put a picture or paste the result.

Here:
Ping.jpg

why make new server if cant handle one, now i got delay which i dont exprience in the past 2 years, hope you guys realize it soon,

With that latency you should definitely use something or try the NA server.

As for the others saying this was a bad thing, Redemption NA and EU are the same server (clone) so for us is really not a big problem updating both of them, the new game we will open will be the same with 2 realms one in NA and 1 in EU, this change was needed for the expansion of the community, indeed the player base was not so big because most NA players could not have a good connection with the server, what we have to do from here is to promote the EU and NA server to all our friends.

Don't think for a second that we changed from 2 machines to 6 just for cabal server, we will have more to offer in the future and we will also work on something to make our client use the functions that wtfast has or maybe another solution for those with high latency.

i think its downgrade not upgrade, hope you can make sollution on this delays

So this delay will not be desapear? So i have a character in EU in full eq and i have to do another in NA and start it from 0? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner