Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Feedback Some thoughts about things should be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazency

Registered
Hello everyone,
First to say, i've just started in this server for a few weeks, but i have like 10+ years of Cabal experience, and also a hardcore player.
So, after experiencing myself, i have some feedback and suggestions below for you to improve our server.

I. Starting point of a character.

Current starter set is a bit overpowered.
We are spoonfed to the point that don't have to work on BM3, skill rank, class rank already. Honestly i'd prefer to start at class rank 14 with BM3, then do BSLV to rank up, but that's not really necessary. The thing is, with starter set one can easily solo literally everything they can fight until lv 115 - FT1, without the need to even use bm or maybe even HP potions ( Berderk Faello is the only exceptions that may need bm ). Today i helped a newcomer that was totally new to Cabal, when he saw the boss of Volcanic Citadel he was like "Omg it looks scary, can i fight it?". And you know right, he could solo it in like 15s with FA bm2, while the boss hit him for 14 damage. It was kinda... dissapointing.
=> I'll talk about solutions for this at part III.3.

II. Classes and Skills.

1. "Party Exclusive" skills should be able to use when solo-ing.
I agree with this post https://forum.olympusgn.com/threads/party-buffs-recent-balance-changes-on-global.4249/. And also the truth is it's not easy to find a party to go anywhere you want to right now, and most of the time here you'd farm solo.

2. Changing solo buffs into passive skills is unbalanced.
This is another problem. Some classes like FB and FS won't have this problem, but BL and WA are getting trouble with selecting passive skills to take in 12 passive skills slots, since they had* a lot of solo buffs.
Of course, changing these skills into passive skills sure is useful when you play in parties, which gives you a lot of buffs from others ( especially wiz, FA and WA ) since you can only have 10 buffs at once. But actually, imo doing so reduces the "flexibility" of gameplay, since we can't change passive skills now and then easily, while if they're active buffs we can just right-click on a current buff to release it, and select the useful buffs we want to keep, let others buff for us, all depends on the player. Moreover as mentioned above, its not like you do dungeons with party more than solo.
In addition to that, originally each classes have different amount of solo buffs, but in our server every classes have 12 passive skill slots is just not fair. For example, a BL can't get all their exclusive solo buff skills with other attack rate and def rate common passive skills, even when they solo, when it's originally for a BL to have all of them. That's a loss of 1.2k attack rate, or 345 def rate and 402 attack rate. For WA, you'll have to choose one from 402 attack rate / 513 def rate / 30% down resist or 10% resist skill amp and give up on other three. In comparison, for wiz and FA, of course they don't have any problem with passive skills since most of their buffs aren't changed into passive, to be able to buff for others. FA even have 1 extra skill slot to get passive MP without giving up on any single other useful passive skills, that's ridiculous. FB can also get every skills that they want, and FS needs to choose two from 10% resist skill amp / 513 def rate / 856 attack rate and give up on the last one.
=> As you can see, WA, BL and FS are in the worst situation right now with passive skills, and FA is the best. Solution for this is, each class should have different amount of passive skill slots depend on their solo buff skills which were changed to passive skills, or switch those buffs back to solo active buffs.

3. BL's skill "Infinity Blade/Blaze" is without 25% CDI effect.
Which should be there as original. It's also weird that all other BL's skills from G.Master above have CDI but not this one, while nothing special about it. Since my main was and is always BL, i couldn't help but noticed this XD.

III. Dungeons and items.

I really like the drop system here, since it's very attractive to farmers, and easy to locate where to hunt for a certain item. The drop rate is also at its best. But there is a few things that remain unsound.

1. Items.
- Some item sets like Bluestin, Titanium, Shadowtitanium, Osmium, Redosmium/ rare set, Mithril, Archridium are almost never used
Bluestin to Redosmium is weaker than starter set, and some perfect ones are even harder to find than Sig Metal. Mithril and Archridium, of course noone would bother to use Highest grade scrolls and cores for them, when amp scrolls highest can only drop in CI. Even for crafting, almost none crafts extreme for these sets, as very few ppl will buy them either, even though the materials are easier to get, like extreme core mithril and archridium. For me, my 1st char went from starter > spamming CA1 to get sig metal > earn alz to buy limitless extreme set, and my 2nd char went from sig straight to eins frames extreme set. That wasn't an interesting way to gear up, but it's cost-efficiency, top high grade to top highest grade.
This leads to lessening of equipments variety for players to use and craft, and also the frustration when new players got some nice drops like max options Mithril/Archridium but can't upgrade them to use in exchange for starter/sig metal set and end up throw them away. Actually, i've seen no1 using Lycanus weapons or Drei Frame set also, but they'r good to get unique scrolls so we may let them be.
=> I'll talk more about solutions for this at part 3.

2. Dungeons.
- DX dungeons are abandoned.
I was in a kinda strong and active guild, but i've seen none spamming them, of course since their drops are so bad. And even if there is someone who likes to do DX dungeons, they will only choose Premium difficulty, hence 3 other difficulties are totally wasted.
=> Solution at part 3.
- PCM should be harder to get than FCM.
This is just a minor thing, but i still find it weird. Map parts and ruina station are only for FCM with not so nice drop rate, when you can spend 1.6m alz in town to buy a +15 bluestin part and extract to get 1 PCM is not very logically.
=> Solution at part 3.
- EoD B2F, FT B1F, Ruina Station bosses/mobs spawn time is too long.
EoD B2F is for Killian Ring and Int rune, while FT B1F is for pet, pet kits, HP Absorb runes, all are essential items. Of course its originally like that, but i've played in another server where they set the spawn time of those bosses/mobs to the point that we don't have to wait anymore. I have to say that it is really a nice adjustment. EoD B3F also has a little waiting time but that's okay imo.

3. Solutions to Starting point, items and dungeons.
I know this may sounds like too much to change, but i'll just say everything i have in my mind.

- Firstly, lower the stats of starter set to the point that is a little weaker than shadowtitanium +15 and also reduce the % ASA/ CDI / CRI. Using this beginners should be able to solo LiD and RS easily, but not too easy in EoD B1F and SoD. This is the real "starter" where newcomers should do starting dungeons of the game, which are LiD and RS.
- Remove the bluestin +15 items from 3 beginner town NPC shops, add shadowtitanium set / weapons +15 with 5-7% asa/ 10-16% CDI with 2 empty slot at about 10m+ each part, and these can't be extracted. Newcomers will need to farm alz in UG for a while to get them to change for starter set.
- Apply changes to LiD and RS drop list:
LiD: Remove bluestin grade drops, raise drop rate of FCM, UCM, SEM and shadowtitan epaulets. Add PCM to drop list since they can't be extracted from shop items anymore with decent drop rate.
RS: Remove titanium grade drops, add important armor/weapon option scrolls (MSA, SSA, MCR, CRI, CDI) medium grade into chests, and PCM.
This way newcomers will have to do a few LiD/RS runs to get perfect shadowtitanium set to change for starter set and start to move on eod1/sod, also ppl who needs PCM for blue bikes will need to farm LiD/RS or buy them from newcomers also. At least the Medium grade items will have some uses. And in the future when there will be a new item tier, bluestin grade can be permanently removed from the game, make mobs which drop bluestins to drop a little alz instead for newbies to farm.
- Of course, this will lead to slow the gearing pace down, so we should change the entry level of chaos arena lv 1 to 120-139, and CA lv 2 to 140-149, higher is the same. Since mithril requires lv 140, getting sig metal at lv 120-139 is reasonable. We should increase difficulty of CA lv 1 a little also, so ppl will not be able to clear it easily without sdtt set.
- After that, about highest grade, we should add essential Highest scrolls for weapons and armors in droplist of legendary boxes from DX dungeons premium in the same time as maybe raise drop rate of them in CI. The most important reason made ppl giving up on mithril, archridium and other highest grade tier items is actually scrolls being too hard to earn, but not cores. This way ppl should be able to farm for scrolls easier and make their highest grade items, to change for sig metal, without the need of doing CI which is real hard for beginners.

-------------------------------------------

Actually i'd like to give feedback about NW, crafting and redeem reward also, but i haven't tried them enough to, so maybe next time i'll make another post about that.
Sorry for the long post, i was in the mood to type XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Partner