Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

IMPLEMENT IP BAN

Do you want an IP Ban system for cheaters? (NSD, WALLHACKERS)

• Total voters

AlmightyPOGI

Banned
Registered
The cycle of reporting an individual due to the use of those hacks/cheats would never end as long as their main accounts or IP addresses aren't banned from doing those actions. And having only 2 channels makes it worse for boss hunts in Sellenia. Knowing we only have (1) less chance of acquiring those pieces and (2) we got our asses kicked by those hackers. These hackers are the only ones who can benefit most from Sellenia bosses. It's so sad actually.

Last edited:
And if there is no way that this thing will actually be implemented, I want explanations from admins. Thanks. (I'm just trying to make this server more enjoyable and more worth staying for. I'm sure everyone wants that.)

If it was a simple as that don't you think we would have done it already? :) There are reasons why this is just not a good idea, one being internet shops could suffer from this and result in more issues and the other is really simple ... proxy's, if you haven't heard of a proxy then I am a little surprised but if you need a explanation, sure, they basically allow you to connection from a different location (different ip) and these are widely available and easy to get, so we ban someones IP ... they just use a proxy and tada they connect again and we have tried numerous methods to PERMANENTLY get rid of someone but there are complications and no real method of doing this, there is other methods but we have had issues with due to the law so sure we are going to continue to try and think of methods to get rid of hackers permanently because we don't want them and nor do you, all we ask for is your cooperation at times. Overall a IP ban these days for a large amount of games is just not worth it, and very unreliable.

I see. Thanks for replying Jay. So then I conclude that these issue wouldn't stop. I feel sad hahaha

My vote is NO.
There are a few simple reasons:
1. Someone can connect from a public network and get ip banned. In a few word...many get screwed for nothing.
2. The population would decrease by a lot.( just block their accounts, they'll start again and so on)
3. If some cheater learned his lesson, what then?
4. It's not... right to strip someone of their right to play the game.(excuse my repetition)
It's simply wrong to ip ban someone.
This is strictly my opinion and some may share it.
Thank you.

2. The population would decrease by a lot.( just block their accounts, they'll start again and so on)
4. It's not... right to strip someone of their right to play the game.(excuse my repetition)

I can't believe you used the phrase "decrease a lot". In some sense, it implies there are countless cheaters in game. Well I know that too.

And in many cases, the way you say all these reasons simply means that everyone has the right to play, be it a legit gamer and a hacker. But let me tell you these questions, I know everyone has the right to play BUT DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO HACK? Don't we have the right to complain and act on what wrong is happening in this gaming community? Should we just allow them to do what they are currently doing?

For sure banning them won't stop them from playing. But they will get tired of playing on the long run because they won't achieve anything as long as they are banned consistently. It's their right to play. But abusing the game is not. Logic will tell you.

There's always the possibility of blocking their accounts. ( I even encourage this, but not ip ban)
If you check i never said they had the right to cheat, i said everyone has the right to play. And let's not kidd ourselves...they are cheaters, not hackers. A hacker can develop his own toy while a simple cheater is a brainless follower that likes it easy.( excuse my language and rudeness)
That is all i have to say, if you have any more questions or statements pls shout for me ingame. We are spamming for nothing.

Then you could have read the comments Jay made above. He already said it is impossible to do that step. And please notice that I didn't quote your first reason because I just knew right now that IP ban is never gonna happen. And why do you think that we are fighting at some sort? Sharing opinions is the best option to further understand others. I'm not gonna raise an eyebrow just from this. I actually appreciate when others share their opinion. Why do you think I am initiating a fight between us? hahahaha :D

Hacker are stupid player.. For me

Here's the reason why they cannot launch this "IP Ban" . :wasntme::wasntme: How about the hacker is "clever" enough , before making new account they simply changed thier IP Address , and at same time , they accidentally changed to your IP Address , guess what ? Your ID banned too ?:lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed: Please remmember , technology is advancing day by day ;););)

Here's the reason why they cannot launch this "IP Ban" . :wasntme::wasntme: How about the hacker is "clever" enough , before making new account they simply changed thier IP Address , and at same time , they accidentally changed to your IP Address , guess what ? Your ID banned too ?:lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed: Please remmember , technology is advancing day by day ;););)
This can easily be done with a simple machine that you can download, just type the right words on google and it's done.
Ban on IP class on the other hand will be the fatal hit, it is hard to perfom tho.

If it was a simple as that don't you think we would have done it already? :) There are reasons why this is just not a good idea, one being internet shops could suffer from this and result in more issues and the other is really simple ... proxy's, if you haven't heard of a proxy then I am a little surprised but if you need a explanation, sure, they basically allow you to connection from a different location (different ip) and these are widely available and easy to get, so we ban someones IP ... they just use a proxy and tada they connect again and we have tried numerous methods to PERMANENTLY get rid of someone but there are complications and no real method of doing this, there is other methods but we have had issues with due to the law so sure we are going to continue to try and think of methods to get rid of hackers permanently because we don't want them and nor do you, all we ask for is your cooperation at times. Overall a IP ban these days for a large amount of games is just not worth it, and very unreliable.
Since
Hire more staff, since 3 or 4 resigned

need to install gameguard like the other online games
not possible

The cycle of reporting an individual due to the use of those hacks/cheats would never end as long as their main accounts or IP addresses aren't banned from doing those actions. And having only 2 channels makes it worse for boss hunts in Sellenia. Knowing we only have (1) less chance of acquiring those pieces and (2) we got our asses kicked by those hackers. These hackers are the only ones who can benefit most from Sellenia bosses. It's so sad actually.
as far as im aware the protection that the server uses is the same as EGA, it filters ur IP when you login to the game basically meaning that you cannot ban an ip because ur all using the same Ip when you login to the server, its a way of disguising the server's IP so that it wont be exposed to people who potentially wants to DDoS it or make any other attempt of interrupting normal operation.

My vote is NO.
There are a few simple reasons:
1. Someone can connect from a public network and get ip banned. In a few word...many get screwed for nothing.
It's simply wrong to ip ban someone.
This is strictly my opinion and some may share it.
Thank you.
If IP ban afects internet caffe thats not our problem, the internet cafe admins should not give acces to hacking programs to be installed on their computers. I'm sure a way of stopping these hackers will be found sooner or later

Forget IP ban. Just do trade/mail history tracing to the ones reported as cheaters. You should ban their main accounts. That's the best choice for now.

Official Partner