Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

IMPLEMENT IP BAN

Do you want an IP Ban system for cheaters? (NSD, WALLHACKERS)

• Total voters
Forget IP ban. Just do trade/mail history tracing to the ones reported as cheaters. You should ban their main accounts. That's the best choice for now.
That is the current method they are using now

What do you mean dehn? No one is giving counter-measures for the hackers? :( I'm disappointed
the "current" method Zeratul is talking about may be a possibility but im certain the admins dont use it simply because checking the chat logs or trading logs if even possible would take so long time to find the correct transaction and track down the scammer/hacker

admins does mainly not interfere with player bans, they work on content and server management while gm's take care of the banning, if anything u have to ask the admins to provide the gms with a tool that can easily track player transactions or something of the sort.

Why not?
1. There are a lot of user with dynamic IP.
2. There are a lot of users playing from internet coffee.
3. IP banning is not something we can rely on, our GM's are.

but im certain the admins dont use it simply because checking the chat logs or trading logs if even possible would take so long time to find the correct transaction and track down the scammer/hacker
And it's exactly this kind of approach letting hackers roam around lol
Just take someone and give him the only task to check those logs and it would already be something.All in all there's not much you can do to stop them software wise (any kind of client sided protection can be bypassed) so what remain is the evergreen "manual way" aka people monitoring the channels more often (and even here there should be someone whose only task is to check the maps (sellenia) and channels (tg of course) that's it.

And it's exactly this kind of approach letting hackers roam around lol
Just take someone and give him the only task to check those logs and it would already be something.All in all there's not much you can do to stop them software wise (any kind of client sided protection can be bypassed) so what remain is the evergreen "manual way" aka people monitoring the channels more often (and even here there should be someone whose only task is to check the maps (sellenia) and channels (tg of course) that's it.
reading logs requires you to have access to the root server.
And you really think that someone besides from the admins would be allowed to have that kind of access to the server? nah man theres a reason why. make a tool and restrict its, the simple way of doing it. if anything add a transaction log to the Gm panel, if the server has a logging feature it im sure it can be implemented into the gm panel, my questions is how its gonna affect the overall performance of the website.

We have methods of doing things, things that have been mentioned and also other ways as well, since recent updates especially with the sellenia weapons incidents with hackers we have improved and are working on improving even more the system and methods we use to allow you the players to play the game without having to worry about hackers while also making our lives slightly easier, however it is unfortunate that there no real feasible way to permanently get rid of them as of yet.

@dehn being able to read the logs =/= ability to do whatever you want ... and anyway obviously it has to be a trusted person.If it's a no go anyway then current admins could (and should tbh) do it,can't see how you expect the situation to improve if you're not willing to put effort into trying that's the main point .. current way it's simply not working and everyone can see/confirm that :\
Doing a restricted tool for gms only ? go for it np i think i speak for everyone when i say people couldn't care less about the website being slower if that's the price to have less hackers around :rolleyes:

@dehn being able to read the logs =/= ability to do whatever you want ... and anyway obviously it has to be a trusted person.If it's a no go anyway then current admins could (and should tbh) do it,can't see how you expect the situation to improve if you're not willing to put effort into trying that's the main point .. current way it's simply not working and everyone can see/confirm that :\
Doing a restricted tool for gms only ? go for it np i think i speak for everyone when i say people couldn't care less about the website being slower if that's the price to have less hackers around :rolleyes:
If you delay the website speed with adding that feature it will only be more worse for the GMs to help you people out banning those hackers so yeah...

Official Partner