Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Reasons why players started leaving the server

yeah, just visiting forum after i got banned because at first i didnt know that i am banned already but when cykros reply, NOW I KNOW..
i cheated, so I LIED because i hate the new gameplay that is way too hard than i started on EGA and on other server that i TRIED to play with..
giphy.gif

... and i see this thread .. i would like to share my thoughts bout this

yeah, again, just like my jhane on EGA, i played it for a long time just to get all 3 slot Achri. Set (36% SSA, and 24% SSA) and BOF+6 2 slot SSA in like 3 months, but its worthy for me coz i play fair before just to get last gear for non-
donors,... then wipe out came out, honestly, i felt hatred because all of a sudden my jhane would be deleted just to fix the UNFIXED bug given by Kraken,.

but well, that's LIFE but i never thought that it would be much harder for the new game system applied, which you need to SPENT A LOT MORE TIME FOR NON DONORS just to get a set,,. because of shitty high damage mobs and you cant run dungeon alone which i prefered the most. in just entrance, mobs can kill you with just 1-2hits that's why i try to use NSD, yeah, CALLED ME A CHEATER, but ITS SOO FACKING HARD to finish BSLVL quest, even if you ask me (why dont you ask help for your quest?), i dont ask for help. cause i prefer to run it SOLO and help myself to grow stronger without the help of others, (i have MY PRIDE).

hmm, im gonna finish my speech and this would be my last, i know someone reading this will say, "Go ahead, the door is wide open for you and your not the only one here.. " but remember that players is your treasure even if it is CRAP,.. and please ban this account just i admit my SIN..

~~thanks for everything OGN... I dont know if ill say Happy Gaming or just Enjoy Gaming..

Calling the game shitty and mobs in general high damage will no help us improve.
As for those who replied till now with details about what we could change thank you! We will look into this,
and what is the Alpha you people are talking about?Can you give more details?

what is the Alpha you people are talking about?Can you give more details?
I believe this quote from zheinther is what your asking about.
supreme. Remember EGA Alpha, a lot of people played because of its uniqueness even if it is only on episode 2
Short Answer: It was EGA's Cabal Modified ep2 server.
Long Answer:This was EGA's first server a highly modified ep2 cabal server. It had the first unlimited gear, modified AT map with mod drops like guitar weapens with amp craft and slotted. Also I believe toward the end they even added the new Astral bike. There was lots of modifications to many to remember but it was a popular server.
May this help and happy gaming...:rolleyes:

EGA Alpha is the predecessor of Redemption. That is where EGA started out. Though somewhat old fashioned due to episode 2 feature, still people enjoyed it.
To cut things short, we have to improve redemption. And try to adopt some lessons learned:

These are some additional proposals: Take it Leave it: I intentionally did not post it on the suggestion section because we need to keep this page alive.
Better Yet: Create A new Thread in the News/Update Section regarding NEW SUGGESTIONS to improve Server or on what people really wants. Suggestion might help to create the new frameworks for revitalizing this OGN server. Again, some GM might say that we have already the SUGGESTION SECTION so why on the NEWS/UPDATE SECTION? Answer: Old Player who no longer play the game tends to look or peek into the NEWS/UPDATE Section rather than the SUGGESTION. They are looking always for NEWS/UPDATES and don't mind about Suggestions.

1. INCENTIVES
a. GM or Staff: Give them some compensation in the form of eCoins for their efforts in every number of ACTIVE hours they are online and events they presided. Only for the GOOD & RIGHTEOUS GM's please.
b. Online Players: Give some compensation in the form of ecoins for ACTIVE hours online. We are trying to woe people that is why the server needs to be generous. Its like having an OPENING SALE.
c. Nation War / Completing Dungeons: War Points / Dungeon Points obtained can be exchanged with some worthy items. Not only the old fashioned default Honor Points (Honor Points are same with other server or even the official - we need to be unique to be more exciting). Try form of exchange for item of choice such as Costumes, Kits & Equipments with 80-90% likeness with the donor sets or even ecoins in a limited (Balance) amount.
E.g.: War Points / Dungeon Points- If they earned a certain amount then it can be redeemed with a certain type of gifts. Say: War Points + Redeem Coins + Vote Points = Items or Ecoins. Note that Points to be completed in order to qualify with the exchange must be attainable. Do not over price requirements because people's interest may not be allured.
d. Rewarding the unsung heroes as well. Those who give more effort to keep the server alive.

2. UPGRADE EVENTS & PRIZES
**Proposed events sounds crazy but if anyone have better things in mind, please share.
a. Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Random Events. Prices must not only be costumes as the usual.
i. Daily - the usual ones
ii. Weekly - Example: SOLO Dungeon Time Breaker (Forum Registration Required to prevent cheating). Rankings to be reset every week ( if possible). If a system can be made: It must be on a event channel dungeon. Special Entry can be given upon registration at the forum or in the form of quest reward to localize special events.
iii. Monthly - Donation Event: People Love freebies - that's all.
iv. Random: Let amount of Alz or Ecoins or items rain down from Olympus RANDOMLY or whenever you feel like being generous - once every week may do. Remember as the proverb goes: THE MORE YOU GIVE, THE MORE YOU RECEIVE. Do not announce when you are about to give - rain down first then announce afterwards. Some people are greedy and may try to log in all their accounts. Warning: Give only what is due that you can share but not to the extent of creating spoiled brats.
b. Encourage Group Events: Guild / Party - Group Events must not only be limited to war. Lets promote camaraderie and team work.
E.g. Gather a Party composed of Each Class: Register Party Name and winner shall be he who finishes first a Particular Dungeon. Prizes can be Honor Potion (Ranging from 5 - 10 - 20 - 50 million Worth - Sample Only) or any prize available to reward effort. If somebody uses hacks then = Ban Permanently. It can be done in an event channel.

3. COMPOSE A GOOD BUSINESS PLAN
a. Proposals (Idea) / Planning / Testing / Feed Back -Discussions / Final Implementation / Upgrades
IF THIS SERVER IS A FORM BUSINESS THEN MAKE IT A BETTER BUSINESS. LET'S THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. INVEST MORE MINDS AND CREATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPANSION. DONT THINK BIG - THINK BIGGEST. There must be a WIN-WIN relationship for both server and players. Players should feel that they belong and not otherwise. There is more to gain from both partys when we have lot of people in OGN.
Old Players are still there waiting for the change. They might not be in game now, but still tirelessly hoping for a better OGN Redemption - believe me, they are always checking the forum for a sign for them to make a come back.
All I ask is, create a UNIQUE game play apart from the Official and Other PServers. Make it more interesting and likable. I am not asking a new approach , I am saying Unique in the sense that you can adapt best things that we learn from Official and famous PServers :) that can help the OGN community grow bigger.

BOTTOM LINE: Create a game play that will make each player addicted to the server.

Thank you.

And it turns out that there is no more fire in me...

I see that OGN is still trying to lure some worthy players to call this server their home.
I see that there are some changes uniquely made.
-Discounts, Chaos Sets, New Maps, New Buffs and New Approach for Honor /Class ranks, etc.

Well I hope it made a difference in order to invite new faces or new friends - but where are they? I haven't seen them at-home.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone within the vision of this OGN. I have supported this server from EGA (Alpha) to OGN within 3 Years - in terms of donation and limitless efforts. I just wanted the best for this server. Thats all.

I know its hard to develop and introduce new updates. It takes time and real effort. But why not to try a different approach. Why not make an update that is NEWBIE FRIENDLY and then gradually reconfigure the gameplay when the server has already obtained the minimum desired number of players - to keep the server alive and running smoothly.
Currently, What I can see is that; we are trying to start from HALFWAY and not from the BOTTOM.

Newbie Friendly Means: Not making all the Eshop Items Cheap; It means catering for the BASIC NEEDS of the NEWBIES in order to indulge themselves into the server and keep them playing and going, and going, and going, and going, and going...
What are the basic needs of the Newbies:
- Well u have given them Class Rank 20; Below Average Armor with option; Level 190 - which is a nice package BUT;
what happened is you just gave ONE BIG STEP above the ground. Then after that, in front of them is a BIG WALL that they must climb and to find another WALL which is a part of the series of WALLS until to the FINISH LINE. Seeing the WALL in front of them makes them think, is it worth their effort and time? Weighing the pros and cons due to shock, then they will think of leaving immediately.

Why not introduce a LADDER - in a sloping degree of challenges where they can enjoy their achievements or fruit of their hard work in a short time. Something must be introduced and let NEWBIES not to SURRENDER at the BEGINNING but to QUIT when they are near the END. Well I Guess, they Won't - because their GOAL is only a few Steps ahead even if HOW HARD IT IS.

I know that a PLUS in STATS in every Redeem Rank is not a feasible option due to BALANCING ISSUES (if it can be done perfectly, why not?) - but at least in every REDEEM, a player must achieve something worthy and irreplaceable - not only in terms of flashy items; So that they can feel to have experienced a REDEEM or a Level UP or become stronger than their previous redeem rank. And in return, they come back to play again feeling invigorated to achieve even more worthy accomplishment and so on. Power and fame is addictive when it stays permanently and when a person knows he is growing with it. He wants to have more and keep coming back for more and more and more up to infinity. Flashy items are just simply flash, they just shine in a single moment and die out immediately or unnoticed when they are out shined by better developments.

Just saying though - just a wish...no offense meant or whatsoever injurious to the server and management.
Like everybody else, Ah, I miss the Golden Days of Redemption - where there are lot of players to compete with - to fight with... to TT with. :)

Last edited:

I see that OGN is still trying to lure some worthy players to call this server their home.
-Discounts, Chaos Sets, New Maps, New Buffs and New Approach for Honor /Class ranks, etc.

Well I hope it made a difference, to invite new faces or new friends - but where are they? I haven't seen them at-home.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone the vision of this OGN. I have supported this server from EGA (Alpha) to OGN within 3 Years - in terms of donation and effort. I just want the best for this server.

I know its been hard to develop and introduce new updates. It takes time and real effort. But why not try a different approach. Why not make an update that is NEWBIE FRIENDLY and gradually reconfigure the gameplay when the server has already obtained the minimum desired number of players - to keep the server alive and running smoothly.
Currently, What I can see that we have in this server is; we are trying to start from halfway and not from the bottom.

Newbie Friendly Means: Not making all the Eshop Items Cheap; It means catering for the BASIC NEEDS of the NEWBIES in order for them to indulge themselves to the server and keep them playing and going, and going, and going, and going, and going...
- Well u have given them Class Rank 20; Below Average Armor with option; Level 190 - which is a nice package but;
what happened is you just gave a ONE BIG STEP above the ground. Then after that, what they are trying to climb is a WALL and not only one but a series of WALLS. Seeing the WALL in front of them makes them think, is it worth their effort and time? Weighing the pros and cons due to shock, then they will thought of leaving immediately.
Why not introduce a LADDER - A sloping degree of challenges where they can see their achievements or fruit of their hard work in a short time. Something must be introduced and let NEWBIES not to SURRENDER at the beginning but to QUIT when they are near the END. Well I Guess, they Wont - because their GOAL is only a few Steps ahead even if HOW HARD IT IS.

I know that a PLUS in STATS in every Redeem Rank is not a feasible option due to BALANCING ISSUES - but at least in every REDEEM, a player must achieve something worthy and irreplaceable - not only in terms of flashy items. That they can feel they have experience a REDEEM or a Level UP or they became stronger than their previous redeem rank.

Just saying though - just a wish...no offense meant or whatsoever injurious to the server and management.
Like everybody else, Ah, I miss the Golden Days of Redemption - where there are lot of players to compete with - to fight with... to TT with. :)
You took the words out of my mouth, gyrd.
Old but gold.

Well I hope it made a difference in order to invite new faces or new friends - but where are they? I haven't seen them at-home.

I'm not trying to antagonize anyone within the vision of this OGN. I have supported this server from EGA (Alpha) to OGN within 3 Years - in terms of donation and limitless efforts. I just wanted the best for this server. Thats all.

I know its hard to develop and introduce new updates. It takes time and real effort. But why not to try a different approach. Why not make an update that is NEWBIE FRIENDLY and then gradually reconfigure the gameplay when the server has already obtained the minimum desired number of players - to keep the server alive and running smoothly.
Currently, What I can see is that; we are trying to start from HALFWAY and not from the BOTTOM.

Newbie Friendly Means: Not making all the Eshop Items Cheap; It means catering for the BASIC NEEDS of the NEWBIES in order to indulge themselves into the server and keep them playing and going, and going, and going, and going, and going...
- Well u have given them Class Rank 20; Below Average Armor with option; Level 190 - which is a nice package BUT;
what happened is you just gave ONE BIG STEP above the ground. Then after that, in front of them is a BIG WALL that they must climb and to find another WALL which is a part of the series of WALLS until to the FINISH LINE. Seeing the WALL in front of them makes them think, is it worth their effort and time? Weighing the pros and cons due to shock, then they will think of leaving immediately.

Why not introduce a LADDER - in a sloping degree of challenges where they can enjoy their achievements or fruit of their hard work in a short time. Something must be introduced and let NEWBIES not to SURRENDER at the BEGINNING but to QUIT when they are near the END. Well I Guess, they Won't - because their GOAL is only a few Steps ahead even if HOW HARD IT IS.

I know that a PLUS in STATS in every Redeem Rank is not a feasible option due to BALANCING ISSUES (if it can be done perfectly, why not?) - but at least in every REDEEM, a player must achieve something worthy and irreplaceable - not only in terms of flashy items; So that they can feel to have experienced a REDEEM or a Level UP or become stronger than their previous redeem rank. And in return, they come back to play again feeling invigorated to achieve even more worthy accomplishment and so on. Power and fame is addictive when it stays permanently and when a person knows he is growing with it. He wants to have more and keep coming back for more and more and more up to infinity. Flashy items are just simply flash, they just shine in a single moment and die out immediately or unnoticed when they are out shined by better developments.

4lnml2.jpg

Last edited:
1st of all.. jhane.. someone who playes so many servers at once, shouldn't even be talking in here since
you don't even have the time to build any opinion about things like that.
(I did see your playtime on those other servers) *just saying*

2nd.. there was a simple reason for them closing the alpha / moving forward to ep8+ and I'm pretty sure
that almost everyone who was active back then, remembers that.
The reason was content related I guess.. & being tired of fixing bugs caused by high values
but thats something I don't know for sure.

I am pretty sure that players left due bugs caused by OP values & easy drops tho.
I would like to play Alpha again, and I'm pretty sure other players would like to do so as well but
rebuilding that AND fixing those bugs ... thats would be a pain in the ass.

.... =))

Last edited:

o boi, you're not the only one who misses EGA, and i'll have you know that EGA wasn't our first server either. it was prior to that called EG and was ran by 2 people, things got out of hand someone stole money etc etc. so we changed name much like what happend from EGA to OGN, and by speculation, i have noticed that these owners have some of the very characteristics of the people i used to work with. that said its only a speculation Kappa

I myself really appriciate to see your positives on the old servers gyrd that means the work that i and my fellow staff put into it wasn't a complete waste of time xD, Lack of execution and planning has always been a weakness for the owner of EG and EGA(another characteristic thing i have noticed)

And in the end there is no doubt that EGA was 1 of the most successful servers out there and the staff should take the knowledge they have work on their weaknesses and be more open minded to changes. the owner alreay made his first mistake by making a cabal server as its 1 shitfest of limitations. now while you're in the shitter u might aswell go along with it and continue EGA's Legacy and make a server that appeals to the older members of the EGA Community with necesarry balances, but dont take out the custom/unique feel the server had, thats kinda what EGA's signature was(also what made it so popular).

btw i worked hard on those maps T_T how dare you remove em.

I want to be taken care of as an member very carefully as they said they would do that, but almost every EGA part is wiped. that's also an reason for me to wait.

I have watched enough of this.
Stop comparing us to ega, eg or whatever it was before.
Our higher staff bought all what ega owned and we are working to bring out the best from those files.
Players are already coming to the server and they seem to like our work. We will continue to develop new features and an entertaining game play for all our players.

whatever...

Last edited:
Who said i ever will?

Then stop acting like you do and if you have things that you don't like or agree with make proper posts and explain what is unpleasing you.
I just did in the conversation, and i never did act like i would leave... i just shared what i wanted to, if you don't wanna see it, then remove it... but don't have to throw me off the community because i may sound rude to you... i just am done with sugarcovering everything... i'll stop replying on stuffs. if that's what you guys wants.

Official Partner