Welcome to Cabal.World Forum

Use your game account and password to connect to the forums.

Incoming PVP Event (July 5, 2015)

Bonner

Registered
http://forum.olympusgn.com/threads/pvp-event-5th-july-2015.930/#post-6193
i find this event a very unbalance for magic types (FA and Wi)
imo it should be on category e.g. PVP for magic classes and PVP for melee classes
or the best things is PVP Event for each class

why not weekly PVP Event:
week 1: WA vs. WA
week 2: BL vs. BL
week 3: FA vs. FA
week 4: FB vs. FB
week 5: Wi vs. Wi
week 6: Fs vs. FS
repeat cycle

or

weekly GVG

i love pvp and willing to donate for all my classes is theres an event like these

your opinion guys?

imo i think they should just allow freestyle pvp, there is no skill involved in the upcoming pvp event, people are limited to a very low amount of skills, i believe just by allowing certain skills so that you can do freestyle pvp instead of just testing whos the biggest power house/unbalanced class on the server is a better solution

imo i think they should just allow freestyle pvp, there is no skill involved in the upcoming pvp event, people are limited to a very low amount of skills, i believe just by allowing certain skills so that you can do freestyle pvp instead of just testing whos the biggest power house/unbalanced class on the server is a better solution
freestyle pvp is for range classes like fa & wi, will bring unbalance for melee class imo
GVG is good for freestyle pvping while Combo pvp is for how good you build your character; and how good you play the item customizer

freestyle pvp is for range classes like fa & wi, will bring unbalance for melee class imo
GVG is good for freestyle pvping while Combo pvp is for how good you build your character
you just complained about how this event was unfair for the magic classes, the whole idea about pvp is to test your character and your skills competetively against other players within the community, by allowing freestyle pvp the unfairness for the magic classes are removed and tbh even melee classes can freestyle pvp well against ranged classes if your good, im talking from experience here.

The reason I don't make the event class specific is plainly because there is not enough people to do that, as for the freestyle suggestion, maybe I will consider that for next time ;)

The reason I don't make the event class specific is plainly because there is not enough people to do that, as for the freestyle suggestion, maybe I will consider that for next time ;)

you should have give it a try jay
possible reason why some players not joining the incoming event is their thnking the same like me, i played FA and i have no chance dealing with WA and FS. i lose the motivation to win

you just complained about how this event was unfair for the magic classes, the whole idea about pvp is to test your character and your skills competetively against other players within the community, by allowing freestyle pvp the unfairness for the magic classes are removed and tbh even melee classes can freestyle pvp well against ranged classes if your good, im talking from experience here.
i suggest for magic class balance not to unbalance the other classes
the best opt is to separate the event for magic(low def) and melee(high def) class
freestyle pvp is being tested every 4 hours on nwars
melee classes cant deal with range classes here in OGN, 1 proof is nwars are overrun by FA's now

We've done this pvp/gvg event back then in ega. It's either odd number of guild showed up or too less player showed up. We always have to postpone the event :/ which is really sad

We've done this pvp/gvg event back then in ega. It's either odd number of guild showed up or too less player showed up. We always have to postpone the event :/ which is really sad

because overpowered/edited characters are all in the same guild
always wiinning the event and we told you guys to not allow them to participate for a month to give chance to others, we also ask to change the time for players have diff timezones
and because of that players not joining anymore

I always make sure all players get a reward no matter how good or bad you do, I am about to put rewards now on the post so check them out.

because overpowered/edited characters are all in the same guild
always wiinning the event and we told you guys to not allow them to participate for a month to give chance to others, we also ask to change the time for players have diff timezones
and because of that players not joining anymore
TG is not PVP thats nation wars, and in no way does TG justify your POV of freestyle pvp and ranged chars, in TG you can be attacked by multiple people, FA can freely cast BM and so on in TG without being attacked, while these circumstances wont be the same in the pvp event as your gonna stand face to face with your opponent and not around corners where you cant see your opponent.

TG is not PVP thats nation wars, and in no way does TG justify your POV of freestyle pvp and ranged chars, in TG you can be attacked by multiple people, FA can freely cast BM and so on in TG without being attacked, while these circumstances wont be the same in the pvp event as your gonna stand face to face with your opponent and not around corners where you cant see your opponent.
ok for me, i played FA i have the advantage for that
but complains from melee class shall be expected

almost everytime my shadow shot hits it makes my opponent down, and lances makes them knockbacked, FA has everything to keep them away, i have the 1.3dps, long ranged skills. FK has long cooldown. tested everything on TG.. im just on for the balance

Last edited:
http://forum.olympusgn.com/threads/pvp-event-5th-july-2015.930/#post-6193
i find this event a very unbalance for magic types (FA and Wi)
imo it should be on category e.g. PVP for magic classes and PVP for melee classes
or the best things is PVP Event for each class

why not weekly PVP Event:
week 1: WA vs. WA
week 2: BL vs. BL
week 3: FA vs. FA
week 4: FB vs. FB
week 5: Wi vs. Wi
week 6: Fs vs. FS
repeat cycle

or

weekly GVG

i love pvp and willing to donate for all my classes is theres an event like these

your opinion guys?

elite players already suggested that a long time ago, but admins keep ignoring that, reasons are jaybolty is busy etc.
in fact DIGS did a better event plan.
this server needs a new GM for a more materialized, organized PVP events.
it is known that pvp event makes this server alive

stop living in the past
Cykros mentioned a couple of time "this is not EGA"
diffrent people/players/admins
OGN is the future gaming not gaming is not a crime!!

let every class fights with their same class
and what i've noticed from here, so called "staffs" dont played the actual game, ofc what i meant is OGN Cabal game

elite players already suggested that a long time ago, but admins keep ignoring that, reasons are jaybolty is busy etc.
in fact DIGS did a better event plan.
this server needs a new GM for a more materialized, organized PVP events.
it is known that pvp event makes this server alive

stop living in the past
Cykros mentioned a couple of time "this is not EGA"
diffrent people/players/admins
OGN is the future gaming not gaming is not a crime!!
Yeah yeah I know XD. What I meant was there's a chance it might happen again, and as a warning. If this happens again, no one should complain like back then. It might work this time, who knows. It's not a pain to try again, but if the result are still negative, we can't stop either.

Yeah yeah I know XD. What I meant was there's a chance it might happen again, and as a warning. If this happens again, no one should complain like back then. It might work this time, who knows. It's not a pain to try again, but if the result are still negative, we can't stop either.
well imo;
Hotel Owner = Server Owner
Hotel Managers = Server GMs
Hotel Customers = Players

like in a hotel, managers are assigned to keep the customers happily enjoying their stay, sometimes theyre organizing parties etc, theyre doing evrything to make their customers come back

same as well in a game server, GM's should do everything to make the server enjoyable and make players happy, if a particular event fails, think of a solution, well think of another 1, blaming players is not a solution. it is clearly written in the application form:

Requirements:
  • Activity - You must be active ingame. You must spend time on helping and improving Olympus GN.
  • Know the rules - You must know our Game and Forum rules
  • Know Redemption Cabal - You must have experience in Redemption information
  • English - You must speak/write and understand English fluently
  • Forums - You must be active on the forums
  • Others - You must always stay up to date with all the Redemption related information

Format:
  • Nickname - My Nickname
  • Age - Your age
  • Country - The country you live in
  • Timezone - The timezone you live in
  • Languages - The languages list you speak fluently
  • What is your previous experience in Cabal? What is your previous experience in being on staff for a Cabal Team or any other staff experience? What were your jobs in other servers? What were you in charge of?
  • How can you help the Redemption/Olympus GN - What are your plans on improving/helping Olympus GN/Redemption
  • How would you describe our current community and the Redemption?
  • Character - Your main character on Redemption
  • Additional information - Anything you feel you need to add
Failing to follow the format will result in your application being instantly denied

Last edited:
Sorry, you're talking to someone who does marketing/retail stuff XD Anyway, I know what you're trying to say. Also, it's hard to please players, but we won't stop trying (Actually, I'm not a GM now XD So it would be "They won't stop trying") XD

Sorry, you're talking to someone who does marketing/retail stuff XD Anyway, I know what you're trying to say. Also, it's hard to please players, but we won't stop trying (Actually, I'm not a GM now XD So it would be "They won't stop trying") XD
oh you mean game server doesnt need marketing??
eshop is a shop with plenty of items for sale and its marketing
server needs votes for voting sites and it is marketing

If you were in ega forum, you can always see me mentioning "Players are like customers" etc. We treat them the best way we can do, they may throw negative feedback, anger feedback, no matter we can't throw our anger back but we have to answer it with a nice tone. We lose you, it's the same meaning as business failure. But sometime you have to look at the other side of it, currently from my perspective. OGN redemption having lack of staff, they're too busy handling other issue, they will only look back to this case when it's the time to. Take restaurant as example, you have a huge place, but lack of staff. You will be running from point A to point B, hearing complains about you while you're busy with other issue, when you get back to the complain, another complain has been issued to you. Give them some time alright? :3

well imo;
Hotel Owner = Server Owner
Hotel Managers = Server GMs
Hotel Customers = Players

like in a hotel, managers are assigned to keep the customers happily enjoying their stay, sometimes theyre organizing parties etc, theyre doing evrything to make their customers come back

same as well in a game server, GM's should do everything to make the server enjoyable and make players happy, if a particular event fails, think of a solution, well think of another 1, blaming players is not a solution. it is clearly written in the application form:
there is 1 minor flaw in your logic, because we're not taking money for you to stay at this hotel, you're staying here for free. there is a limitation to how much they can please you with the limited funds they have, if you want better solution pay for your room done deal.

Official Partner